Friday, February 18, 2011

St. Mary's Hospital Minneapolis

I was born at St. Mary's Hospital in Minneapolis in 1966. The hospital was built around 1900 and was largely staffed by Roman Catholic nuns. In 1986 St. Mary's merged with the nearby Fairview Hospital. Later still, Fairview-St. Mary's merged with the University of Minnesota Hospitals. The hospital is now known as the University of Minnesota Medical Center.

My mom was employed by Fairview Hospital as a medical record librarian when I was born. She walked from work to St. Mary's and delivered me.

3 comments:

  1. I was born in July of 1966 too at this hospital. I'm glad I found this article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW Happy 54th Birthday this year. 😎

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was born there in March 1965, and my first baby in 1984.

    ReplyDelete