Monday, June 27, 2011

Bridgeman's Ice Cream and Restaurants

In the warmer months Mom and Dad would bring Sam, Pete and me to Bridge-
man's for ice cream cones. We loved the soft serve stuff at Dairy Queen but we loved Bridgeman's too because they had many more flavors. My favorite was peppermint bon bon. Mom's was cherry nut and I think Dad got rocky road. We'd usually go to the Bridgeman's in Richfield which is a suburb just south of where we lived in Minneapolis. The building is located on 66th Street just west of Lyndale Avenue. I took the photo you see here with my iPhone using the Hipstamatic app that I recently purchased. This app ages the photo taken and makes it look like a snapshot taken with an old camera in the 1950s or 1960s. The counter where we got ice cream cones was just behind the set of windows you see in the photo. The rest of the store was a restuarant with counters and booths. I remember in 1981 I was in the chorus of the play The Music Man by Meredith Wilson at Washburn High School. After one of the performances Mom and Dad took us to Bridgeman's for sundaes and EVERYONE (well it seemed like everyone) in the play was there with their families too.

No comments:

Post a Comment