Sunday, May 19, 2013

More Light Rail



Dale returned from Madeline yesterday. He returned his rental car at the airport and then took light rail to the Hiawatha and 46th Street stop which is where I picked him up. I only waited for about 10 minutes for his train to arrive.  It was a pleasant evening with a summery feel - perfect for sitting outside.  These photos were taken at around 8:15 p.m. I remember as far back as 1980 reading in the old Minneapolis Star about the possibility of light rail transit coming to Minneapolis.  I can't believe is took as long as it did to become a reality. Minneapolis once had an intricate trolley system that was the envy of the nation but I believe it was dismantled in the 1960s to make way for the freeway system. It's a shame that a new system had to be started from scratch when there was once such a functional network.

No comments:

Post a Comment